We talk about real-life issues that affect all of us in Ireland, and try to bring you time-tested marriage, relationship, and parenting advice each week “on the air.” And occasionally, we get to do so in-person! One of those events was in June of 2010. Our own Heather Walsh and Stephen Cardy joined Anna Daly before a live-studio audio audience. This programme is a return to that evening: “Parenting: Scary Journey, or Fun Ride?” Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh and Anna Daly If you or someone you know wants to build a stronger healthier marriage, make sure to listen to these open and and honest discussions. And if you'd like to find out how to host a live event like this on marriage and/or parenting in your area, please contact us!
Craol Awards 2010
In October 2010, Life FM in Cork won 3 CRAOL Achievement Awards, at the Annual Awards Ceremony in the Gresham Hotel, Dublin. CRAOL is the Community Radio Forum of Ireland.Resources/Links mentioned:
- “Bringing Up Boys” (Dobson)
- “Bringing Up Girls” (Dobson)
- “Boundaries With Kids” (Henry Cloud)
So, is parenting a scary journey or a fun ride? Well as Stephen says himself, it's both! Our children will always be our children and we as parents can unlock the potential that is in each child. But we have to work. There's plenty of great topics that come in this packed half hour programme. Such as:
- Learning to mould their will without breaking their spirit!
- The family that eats together...
- The importance of saying 'no'
- Knowing the impact that you as a parent make.
- What do we do about swearing?
- How do we deal with kids threatening to hit their parents?
Some Resources mentioned in the show: Bringing Up Boys by Dr. James Dobson Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James DobsonBoundaries with Kids by Henry Cloud
- How can we help our kids get on with each other?
Craol Awards 2010
In October 2010, Life FM in Cork won 3 CRAOL Achievement Awards, at the Annual Awards Ceremony in the Gresham Hotel, Dublin. CRAOL is the Community Radio Forum of Ireland.
Parenting: Scary Journey or Fun Ride – Podcast
We originally recorded this episode before a live studio audience—hear some of the questions from the crowd that night. Queries regarding:.
- Kids threatening to hit their parents…
- “TV or no-TV?”… and,
- How can you help your kids get on with each other?