Protecting Mothers and their Unborn Child
We are now well into one of the most important decision making periods in our Irish history, because it is now a time when a decision will be made by the Irish people, on the issue of the protections provided in the Eight Amendment to the Irish Constitution – to two very important people – effecting all our futures,
(1) the mother and
(2) the baby in the womb of his/her mother.
Both are guaranteed the Right to Life.
Take away that Right and other Rights cannot apply.
I hope you will bear with us during the next four months during which this critical issue is being debated and we clearly take the side of the Right to Life. We will endeavor as sensitively as possible – to tell the truth – each week – on this topic, so that you can be fully informed, on what is at stake and how you can make up your mind how to vote, come the day of the referendum.
As a society – we the Irish People – are making a pivotal decision about the future direction of this society and country
As a starting point, in conjunction with Evangelical Alliance Ireland and The Pro-Life Campaign, Family.ie are running a series of meetings call “All-Ireland Call to Protect and Keep the 8th” The Schedule for these is listed below. If you are interested – do please try to make it – this is an excellent point to become involved in deciding this important national question
Meetings are for 90 minutes and will be addressed as follows
- Evangelical Alliance – Director, Nick Park – The Human Rights Aspects of the Referendum
- Pro-Life-Campaign – The 8th Amendment, Campaigning, Active-Involvement. Protection for Both
- Family.ie – CEO, Stephen Cardy – Why Pro-Life?, Prayer, Resources for Leaders
The Location and Timing of the Meetings is as follows:
- Thursday 8th Feb 7.30pm Limerick Christian Centre,
Mungret College, Limerick
- Tuesday 13th Feb 7.45pm Barrowvalley Community Church, Unit 5A Barrowside Business Park, Sleaty Road, Graiguecullen, Carlow
- Wednesday 14th Feb 7.30pm Grace Christian Church,
53 Mac Curtain Street, Cork
- Thursday 15th Feb 7.30pm Galway Christian Fellowship,
New Life Centre, Monivea Road, Galway
- Friday 16th Feb 7.30pm Hillside Evangelical Church, Hillside Road, Greystones, Co Wicklow
- Saturday 17th Feb 7.00pm Waterford – Oasis Arena – RCN, Unit 2a, Block 1, Knockroe, Kilbarry, Waterford City. X91 WF7H
- Tuesday 20th Feb 7.30pm River of Life Church,
Le Cheile, Grace Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath
You are very welcome to join us for any of these meetings.
Till next time – every blessing to you and your family
If have a specific question – remember there is a world of answers to questions life poses for us – on www.family.ie.
You can use the search button (top right corner of our website) where you can look up any issue of interest and find some good audio and written content to help you.
If I can be of any help to you, please do get in touch