Marriage & Relationships Radio
- Authentic Intimacy Episode 1 of 1 Podcast
Listen in, as Heather Walsh had an opportunity to sit down with Juli for a very candid conversation about “Authentic Intimacy”
- Of the countless ways we can show love to one another, five key categories, or five love languages, proved to be universal and comprehensive ...MorePart 6 of 6 – The Five Love LanguagesPart 5 of 6 – The Five Love Languages
Is your spouse “all talk?” Do you wonder, if they loved you, why don’t they think of you enough to give you gifts? It could be that your “Love Language” is: Gifts! But it’s more than the thought that counts. And, how about a hug?! Dr.Chapman also explains the importance of another important Love Language: Physical Touch…Part 4 of 6 – The Five Love Languages
Do you feel unappreciated when you do things for your loved ones that go unnoticed? Stephen Cardy and Dr.Chapman explain another “Love Language”: Acts of Service, and how it factors into relationships.Part 3 of 6 – The Five Love Languages
The Irish way of “slagging” doesn’t always fit neatly into the “Words of Affirmation” category!:) We all know that people can be deeply hurt by our words–but Dr.Chapman explains that for some people, words can hurt–or help– more than others! And: Gifts–is it really the thought that counts?Part 2 of 6 – The Five Love Languages
- HOPE STORY: Stan John
Growing up, Stan was the troubled young man in the estate who many people thought was “most likely to end up either dead or in prison.” But he found hope and life transformation…Marriage by Design-Episode 4: Making your Wedding Day the best day of your life
Hosted by Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh, Stuart Kenny with Alan & Dianne Morris from Relationship CentralMarriage by Design-Episode 3: Tools and skills you will need when you are married
Hosted by Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh, Stuart Kenny with Alan & Dianne Morris from Relationship CentralMarriage by Design-Episode 2. The outcomes you can expect from marriage – if you get it right
Hosted by Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh, Stuart Kenny with Alan & Dianne Morris from Relationship Central
- Episode 4 of TNT for Dynamite Relationships
Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh and Ger ShanahanEpisode 3 of TNT for Dynamite Relationships
“Softening the Hard Side of Love”
Is it time for you to toughen up? Or maybe stay tough—just soften your approach?
We’ll talk more about it on episode 3 of our radio series called, “TNT for Dynamite Relatonships”
Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh and Ger ShanahanEpisode 2 of TNT for Dynamite Relationships
Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh and Ger Shanahan
- Episode 9 of Love and Respect
We wrap up our 9-part radio series called, “Love & Respect.” In some ways it’s been a long journey through some very rocky roads and thorny issues!
But we’d love to hear your thoughts as we reflect on some of what we’ve learned—particularly in the second half of the series!
Hosted by Vincent Hughes: with Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 1 of Love and Respect
Overview of the entire series, hosted by Vincent Hughes, with Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 8 of Love and Respect
You know the old saying, “If you don’t have anything nice to say—don’t say anything at all”? Heather Walsh says, that’s actually not a “one-size-fits-all” solution!
We’ve spent a considerable amount of time looking at some very practical ways that husbands can understand, and love, their wives more effectively; but episodes 7 & 8 are specifically for wives.
Hear more during episode 8 of “Love & Respect!”
Hosted by Vincent Hughes: with Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 7 of Love and Respect
Eps.5 & 6 focused on husbands, and how they can be more loving toward their wives. But in episode 7, ladies– it’s your turn!
Hosted by Vincent Hughes: with Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 6 of Love and Respect
Say fellas, do you ever feel like no matter what you say to your wife, you can never win? Like she’s always looking for you to say it differently—or with a different TONE?
We might be able to help! Or we might not:) But we hope you’ll listen to episode 6 of “Love & Respect”!
Hosted by Vincent Hughes: with Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 5 of Love and Respect
So far, we’ve talked about the “crazy cycle” that all too often begins (and continues) in marriage. In episode 5 of “Love & Respect,” we discuss “the energising cycle,” and how it’s possible to even begin that process!
Hosted by Vincent Hughes: with Stephen Cardy and Heather Walsh
- Bullying is sadly a big problem for some of our children - and for some of us adults too, as we process our experiences as young people. MoreHOPE STORY-Frank PerettiFreedom From Bullying-Episode 5. Stop the Bullying
Hostedby Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & guestsFreedom From Bullying-Episode 4
The teams looks at the impact of bullying and the possible long-term effects on individuals, and how to stand up to bullies.
Hosted by Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & guestsFreedom From Bullying-Episode 3
Hosted by Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & guestsFreedom From Bullying-Episode 2
Who does the bullying – where? Who are the characters involved in what Paul Coughlin calls, the “Theatre of Bullying?”
Hosted by Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & guestsFreedom From Bullying-Episode 1
In episode 1 of our 5-part series “Freedom from Bullying,” we look at the definition of bullying, and get a wide range of expert inputs.
Hosted by Rónán Johnston with Ger Shanahan, Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & guests
- Episode 3-The Impact of Birth Order
In this final episode of “The Impact of Birth Order on Family Dynamics,” we share some tips on preparing for your first-born child, and how birth order affects marriages–and generations!
Hosted by Andrew Chambers with Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & Stuart KennyEpisode 2-The Impact of Birth Order
In Episode 2 of “The Impact of Birth Order on Family Dyamics,” we look at common characteristics of middle children, babies of the family and family change…
Hosted by Andrew Chambers with Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & Stuart KennyEpisode 1-The Impact of Birth Order-Overview
Hosted by Andrew Chambers with Stephen Cardy, Heather Walsh & Stuart Kenny
- Heritage Builders-Episode 4
Leaving a lasting, positive impression on your children is important if you want to pass on a positive heritage. It is hoped that your children in turn, pass it onto their children. Learn how to make the most of “Family Moments” during this final episode of “Heritage Builders.”Heritage Builders-Episode 3
In Episode 3 of “Heritage Builders” we discuss how to establish a standard or normal, healthy living against which attitude, actions and beliefs are measured.Heritage Builders-Episode 2
How do we create a home environment which fosters an A.R.O.M.A.?
(Affection, Respect, Order, Merriment & Affirmation)
Find out by listening to Episode 2 of “Heritage Builders!”Heritage Builders-Episode 1
Every heritage (whether positive or negative) has three distinct, yet interrelated parts, like a cord with three strands: spiritual, emtional and social. This 1st episode of “Heritage Builders” provides a model, a plan that parents can follow.
- HOPE STORY-Gerry Sr and Gerry Jr-Podcast
Listen to the true story of a father and son here in Ireland who found freedom from generations of addiction and self-destruction. It’s an amazing story that certainly defies the odds.
How to Drug Proof Your Kids-Episode 3
” Creating Integrity and Responsibility”
Hosted by Rónán Johnston
- Episode 5-Have a New Kid by Friday
Creating a Safe Network
Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Anna Daly, Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 4-Have a New Kid by Friday
Developing Self Worth in Your Child
Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Anna Daly, Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 3-Have a New Kid by Friday
Show me the parent and I‘ll show you the child!
Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Anna Daly, Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 2-Have a New Kid by Friday
ABC‘s of Attitude, Behaviour and Character
Hosted by Rónán Johnston, with Anna Daly, Stephen Cardy and Heather WalshEpisode 1-Have a New Kid By Friday
Consequences = I mean business!
Hosted by Ronan Johnston, with Anna Daly, Stephen Cardy and Heather Walsh
- Going Back to School-Podcast
Outside of family life, school has the most influence on the personal development of a child.We should be diligent parents, and apply ourselves to help our children enjoy and succeed in their school time. We need to take the lead in making the ‘way straight’ for them, and helping them with the many and complex adjustments they will encounter on this road. We need to “be there” for them. Listen in for some great tips on how to do just that!
Let’s get ready! (click here for more info)
- Ep.4 of 6 – Alive and Living in Ireland
The subtitle of today’s programme is, “I’m So Glad You Are Here With Me.” We’ll hear:
Ep.3 of 6 – Alive and Living in Ireland
- A mixture of stories regarding the people with special needs around us,
- The comparisons between Ireland and the UK regarding abortion
- The story of Tina, who at 18 found herself pregnant and alone–yet she went on to raise her son (who is now a dad himself).
- Compelling, real-life stories of how families with people who have special needs have profoundly benefited by having them in their family.
The subtitle of today’s programme is,”Keep Your Hopes Up: This is a Great Country!” And we explore:
Ep.2 of 6 – Alive and Living in Ireland
- The quality of medical care available in Ireland
- Nuala’s story of her son Yosef, who has both epilepsy and autism
- The impact that abortion has on women; and where they can find hope and healing
Today’s programme is called, “Safe Ireland: A Land of Hope.”
Ep.1 of 6 – Alive and Living in Ireland
- How safe is Ireland when it comes to receiving good care and having a baby?
- The impact that abortion has one women,
- And we’ll hear from three mums who’ve raised children with special needs.
The theme of today’s programme is, “Life is Precious.” Perhaps no one knows the reality of that more—than family members of someone with special needs.
- Radio Magazine Edition 014 – Podcast
On Edition 14 of “Family.ie Radio Magazine”:
- Just because finances have changed—that doesn’t mean life is over! But for some people; the burdens may just feel too heavy to bear. Stay tuned for some more words of hope.
- And: With anything that causes damage—we need to seek both healing; as well as prevention! The team will help us realise how widespread the problems are; and we’ll begin to look at how to safeguard the kids in your care through prevention– to find “Freedom From Bullying!”
- And in our third segment: We’ll think about some of the challenges of raising young girls with the realities of social media, along with the influence of pornography throughout Ireland today.
- Radio Magazine Edition 015 – Podcast
On Edition 15 of “Family.ie Radio Magazine”:
- A great way to begin teaching your child; is to be a student of your child! We think you’ll find our “How to Drug Proof Your Kids” course has loads of practical suggestions like that.
- And: We look at three major issues that couples should definitely talk about (both before and after), they say, “I do.”
- And in our third segment: You’ve probably already discovered this; but the recipe for “conflict” in marriages and relationships is very simple. Just start with any two people, and simply add… a bit of time!
- Christmas by Injunction- Audio Drama
“Christmas By Injunction” takes us back in time to the “gold rush” in the Old West of the United States. We think you’ll find it’s quite an adventure with all sorts of colourful characters. So sit back for the next half hour or so with your favourite cuppa, and enjoy our “Christmas gift” to you—Focus on the Family Radio Theatre presents O. Henry’s “Christmas by Injunction.”
Radio Theatre takes advantage of award-winning voice actors, orchestral musical scores, motion-picture quality sound design, and riveting scripts to unveil finished products that have earned such coveted awards as the George Foster Peabody, the Audie Award, and the Parent’s Choice Award – to name just a few. Radio Theatre isn’t just storytelling. It’s not an “audio book.” It’s a movie that plays on the biggest screen of all… your imagination.
To order an audio CD-set, contact us!